This tutorial explains the procedure to upgrade Debian 9 (stretch) to Debian 10 (buster) in a few simple steps.
This tutorial explains the procedure to upgrade Debian 8 (jessie) to Debian 9 (stretch) in a few simple steps.
I get the following error when running
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild ./build clean ./build update ./build versions ./build update_versions
Try to execute these commands and the problem should be resolved.
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild ./build update ./build set exim yes ./build set eximconf yes ./build set eximconf_release 4.5 ./build set spamassassin yes ./build update ./build exim ./build exim_conf
To run a program on startup, you simply should add or adjust the startup command parameters as shown in this image.
Quick Reminder: What is docker-compose?
docker-compose is a tool for defining and running multi-container Docker applications.
This blog post is an introduction to devs who want to start using Docker with Symfony4. It will guide you through creating a Symfony 4 project running on Docker.
In this post I’ll show you how to upgrade PHP 5.6 to 7.2 in CentOS 7 Linux.
How To Upgrade PHP 5.6 to 7.2
For PHP 5.6 I’ve been using the Webtatic repository. This is a third party repository that allows me to install newer versions of PHP in CentOS 7.
You can use command line to upgrade Ubuntu desktop or a headless server. Speaking of servers, it is recommended that you upgrade Ubuntu on a test server before doing it on a production server.
If you use SSH to log into your Ubuntu server, it’s a good idea to keep your OpenSSH session alive by adding the following line in /etc/ssh/sshd_config file on your server.
Save and close the file. Then restart SSH daemon.
systemctl restart ssh
To upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04, first run the following command to upgrade existing software.
apt update && apt dist-upgrade
Then make sure you have update-manager-core package installed.
apt install update-manager-core
After that, run the following command to begin the upgrade process.
Then follow the on-screen instruction to upgrade to Ubuntu 18.04. Once the upgrade is finished, reboot your Ubuntu desktop or server. To check your Ubuntu version, run:
No LSB modules are available. Distributor ID: Ubuntu Description: Ubuntu 18.04 LTS Release: 18.04 Codename: bionic
You also need to re-enable third-party repositories such as PPA because they are disabled during upgrade.
Attention: this update will not work on dedikuoti.lt OpenVZ servers except KVM servers.
OpenVZ container will return this message:
This version of the GNU libc requires kernel version 3.2 or later. Please upgrade your kernel before installing glibc.
Apache Tomcat is a web server and servlet container that is used to serve Java applications. Tomcat is an open source implementation of the Java Servlet and JavaServer Pages technologies, released by the Apache Software Foundation. This tutorial covers the basic installation and some configuration of the latest release of Tomcat 9 on your Ubuntu 16.04 server.
DirectAdmin pleased to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.55.0.
This is a major release with many new features and many bugfixes.
The full list of changes can be found here:
Some of notable items:
- mail_sni=1 enabled by default for new installs
- Disable cron MAILTO by default for new accounts
- Maintain Cron order via zero padding 001, 002, etc.
- Default proftpd.conf ciphers update
- Current DirectAdmin version now in DNS, to save requests/loads
- SSH Keys including global keys for accounts below Resellers/Admins.
- Services Monitor backup PID method based on boot script instead of exact name match.
- Rename Package so it doesn’t copy (optional)
- named_service_override=bind9 in case you cannot use “named”.
- Domain Setup: Force SSL redirect
- LetsEncrypt: Allow 5 renewal failures before sending any failure notice
- Any debug mode ending in 7 includes date/time
- Pointers: optional redirect to www.domain.com or domain.com
- Pointers: can be “Local Mail” or remote mail
- JSON: can add httpd “X-Json: yes” header to ensure json output for errors before parsing
- JSON: incorrect newline encoding
- Tables: major search speed improvement
- DNS: ensure no zone write race condition
- Login Keys now enabled for Admins by default as they should have been
- Backup: create full path, instead of just single directory when append/has/multiple/dirs
- Pointers https redirect for nginx now redirect to https on main domain
- LetsEncrypt: basic locking for background requests
- Domain Rename: ensure all cust_httpd.## files are renamed