The mcrypt extension is included in PHP 5.4 through PHP 7.1. It was removed from PHP 7.2 and moved to an unofficial PECL extension because the mcrypt library is no longer maintained.
DirectAdmin pleased to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.57.3.
- Additional User notice at 100% disk usage. https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2394
- One-Click compess & download on folders in FileManager. https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2396
- Cpanel-to-DirectAdmin automatic conversion. https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2398
- Ability to hide CPU info in Server Information https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2403
- JSON Options to save skin-specific settings. https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2399
Bugs / Security:
- Lower php-fpm max_children limit for new installs. https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2402
- Various security improvements. https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2404
- SSH Keys: Unable to Edit. https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2400
- Tally log rotation to use USR1. https://www.directadmin.com/features.php?id=2395
Today I received an email from Linux Malware Detect Software on the vulnerability of my server and would like to share with you how to resolve this issue. Below is the content an email.
Important security notice, The Linux Malware Detect installation running on server has detected that you may be vulnerable to a critical remote code execution vulnerability. The currently installed version of Exim MTA v4 improperly validates recipient addresses and can allow malicious code execution to take place. This may provide a path for malicious actors to gain root access, remotely, to this system. This vulnerability currently has known exploits circulating with both targeted and automated compromises taking place against vulnerable systems. Please upgrade Exim to version 4.92 or a known patched earlier version immediately. Alternatively, if upgrading is not an immediate option, consider disabling the Exim MTA service as soon as possible.
touch /etc/eximdisable service exim stop systemctl disable exim chkconfig exim off
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild ./build update ./build set exim yes ./build set eximconf yes ./build update ./build exim ./build exim_conf
2. cPanel https://documentation.cpanel.net/display/CKB/CVE-2019-10149+Exim
RedHat / CentOS
If you want to replace the certificate for your hostname with a custom certificate but you had enabled Let’s Encrypt, you will need to disable Let’s Encrypt for the hostname first. The following command let’s DirectAdmin know that it does not need to renew the Let’s Encrypt certificate. This is required as DirectAdmin will renew the certificate +/- 60 days after the last renewal, even when the Let’s Encrypt certificate is not installed.
rm -rf /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/user_name/domains/domain_name.lt.san_config rm -rf /usr/local/directadmin/data/users/user_name/domains/domain_name.lt.cert.creation_time
I get the following error when running
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild ./build clean ./build update ./build versions ./build update_versions
Try to execute these commands and the problem should be resolved.
cd /usr/local/directadmin/custombuild ./build update ./build set exim yes ./build set eximconf yes ./build set eximconf_release 4.5 ./build set spamassassin yes ./build update ./build exim ./build exim_conf
DirectAdmin pleased to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.55.0.
This is a major release with many new features and many bugfixes.
The full list of changes can be found here:
Some of notable items:
- mail_sni=1 enabled by default for new installs
- Disable cron MAILTO by default for new accounts
- Maintain Cron order via zero padding 001, 002, etc.
- Default proftpd.conf ciphers update
- Current DirectAdmin version now in DNS, to save requests/loads
- SSH Keys including global keys for accounts below Resellers/Admins.
- Services Monitor backup PID method based on boot script instead of exact name match.
- Rename Package so it doesn’t copy (optional)
- named_service_override=bind9 in case you cannot use “named”.
- Domain Setup: Force SSL redirect
- LetsEncrypt: Allow 5 renewal failures before sending any failure notice
- Any debug mode ending in 7 includes date/time
- Pointers: optional redirect to www.domain.com or domain.com
- Pointers: can be “Local Mail” or remote mail
- JSON: can add httpd “X-Json: yes” header to ensure json output for errors before parsing
- JSON: incorrect newline encoding
- Tables: major search speed improvement
- DNS: ensure no zone write race condition
- Login Keys now enabled for Admins by default as they should have been
- Backup: create full path, instead of just single directory when append/has/multiple/dirs
- Pointers https redirect for nginx now redirect to https on main domain
- LetsEncrypt: basic locking for background requests
- Domain Rename: ensure all cust_httpd.## files are renamed
There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:
/usr/lib64/python2.6/site-packages/pycurl.so: undefined symbol: CRYPTO_set_locking_callback
Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.
It’s possible that the above module doesn’t match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.6.6 (r266:84292, Aug 18 2016, 15:13:37)
[GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-17)]
If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
If you have a custom installation of cURL to support of HTTP/2 and the recent version 7.62.0 fails to built with the error:
vtls/openssl.c: In function 'Curl_ossl_seed': vtls/openssl.c:454:5: error: implicit declaration of function 'RAND_egd' [-Werror=implicit-function-declaration] int ret = RAND_egd(data->set.str[STRING_SSL_EGDSOCKET]? ^ cc1: some warnings being treated as errors Makefile:2425: recipe for target 'vtls/libcurl_la-openssl.lo' failed make: *** [vtls/libcurl_la-openssl.lo] Error 1 make: Leaving directory '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/curl-7.62.0/lib' Makefile:1028: recipe for target 'all' failed make: *** [all] Error 2 make: Leaving directory '/usr/local/directadmin/custombuild/curl-7.62.0/lib' Makefile:929: recipe for target 'all-recursive' failed make: *** [all-recursive] Error 1 *** The make has failed, would you like to try to make again? (y,n):
we’ve got a solution for you.
The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 5.6.37. This is a security release. Several security bugs have been fixed in this release. All PHP 5.6 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 7.0.31. This is a security release. Several security bugs have been fixed in this release. All PHP 7.0 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 7.1.20. This is a security release. Several security bugs have been fixed in this release. All PHP 7.1 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
The PHP development team announces the immediate availability of PHP 7.2.8. This is a security release which also contains several minor bug fixes.
All PHP 7.2 users are encouraged to upgrade to this version.
DirectAdmin pleased to announce the release of DirectAdmin 1.53.2.
This is mainly a bug-fix release, with a few extra features.
All changes can be found here: